Monday, October 7, 2013

catching up to the hourglass



Earning the days 24 hours at a time - that's the life. And it's the same for everyone.

The wealthy can't buy more time, and the poor, as much as they appreciate it, can't appreciate it enough to make it more than what it is.

Grind your teeth and count down the seconds. You think this is bad, imagine taking on the sins of the world. We can only imagine.

Smile widely and count down the seconds. You think this is euphoria, imagine death. I'd imagine she's got a beautiful face.

At any moment your world will crumble underneath your fingertips. I can only help pick up the pieces, but I'll never be able to put them back together for you.

Earning the weeks 7 days at a time and earning the days 24 hours at a time - that's the goal. It's no different for the beautiful. It's no different for the ugly souls.

Keep up the pace, or time will waste you away.

Show time how hard you're ready to work, and she will give you the rest you deserve.

You think this is dystopia, imagine the apocalypse. Meteorites and zombies and global warming and fire and atomic bombs and black holes and what is happening and where has all the oxygen gone and I should have repented when I had the chance.

Earning the months weeks at a time, earning the weeks 7 days at a time and earning the days 24 hours at a time - that's the ritual.

Never forget the steps you've taken - the backtracks and the confident strides. Because we're earning the years 12 months at a time, and I can't imagine the world ending at Christmas time. Or at Easter. And if it does, it's only because people have forgotten.


2 comments:

  1. I love this new blog of yours! Also, thanks for all the compliments you have given me. It really means so much. I am a big fan of yours also. I wish I had known you in high school, but wherever you are now I hope you keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known you in high school too! Like, where were you. Haha. Thanks so much, that means a lot to me!

      Delete