Wednesday, December 11, 2013

to you

Hey, you.
I just wanted to say that I could've sworn there was something. Maybe you missed it, or maybe I was just getting my hopes up again, but you don't go for midnight swims with just anyone. And I'm packing up all my things and putting them in cardboard boxes just like I've learned to do all of my life. I read somewhere once that long hair intimidates boys; for that reason, I've been aching to cut mine. But you told me not to, and somehow that gave me insight to a million different things about you and about me and about how I'm starved for affection.
I was wrong, I guess.
I got my hopes up, I guess.
A nice trim will do, anyways.
It hurts, but it's time to move on.
A nice trim will do.
You and I are not to be…
Why isn't this ever easy?
Sincerely, me.



No comments:

Post a Comment