Friday, December 20, 2013

crash course on death

I'm always hiding underneath the waves, or chasing the clouds away with flailing arms and a baseball bat. One foot on the ground, and the other who knows where. My head may be stuck in space, but you'll never catch me thinking about death.

This is a crash course on freedom, because even a lifetime isn't enough to explain its complexities and definitely not enough to know all its simplicities. This is a crash course on drawing blood and giving it away to the world. You've got a heart of gold, but you've broken it up and forged it into all sorts of pretty trinkets. That'd be okay if I ever saw you giving them away on street corners.

And right now I'm going to do something catastrophic, so you may want to pop a squat and fasten your seat belts. I'm going to put both feet on the ground, and it will send ripples through the earth and the tectonic plates won't even be able to handle it. I'm going to ponder death for a moment, I'll ponder it so good.

The way I see it every single one of us has got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.


Death isn't that subtle, is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment