Friday, November 29, 2013

natural man

Humans strive to be better than human. And we fall and scrape our knees more times than we probably should. But there will always be someone there who will forgive you. Whether that's God, or your brother, or your best friend, you're not alone. I firmly believe that we can be better than what we naturally are. I think that's something most people can recognize. Yet society would have us believe that our carnal instinct is something to indulge. That sensuality and pride is something not worth fighting against. Because it's who we are.

There's not much argument to that, I think, except these words of warning. If you let the world mold you from what you are, you'll never learn, you'll never grow, and you'll never change. Use your own hands to mold what you are into what you can become. It is then that you find what you truly want.

"I desire the things which will destroy me in the end." -Sylvia Plath



No comments:

Post a Comment