Sunday, September 22, 2013

i'm all carbon



insides a wall painted with blood cells and cholesterol

insides a liver - i think

i'm not all that sure, actually
the inside is a place i've never been, even when the outside is so familiar to me

insides a room with a brain, and it's so cramped
inside drives me crazy
crazier than outside
and that's something to say
what with magazines and photoshop and body image

but back to the inside crazy
where i run for two seconds and the inside wants to throw my lungs outside
where i stand up too quickly and the lights turn off in that room with the brain
where there's pain one day and the next it's gone

why can't the inside just relax?

insides a network, or that's what my biology teacher told me
insides a frame that holds me up
you can call it my bones
or you can call it my crutch
it answers to anything

that liver, i'm pretty sure it's there
but there's still that doubt because it doesn't pound against my chest like my heart
it hasn't inflamed like my appendix - what used to be my appendix
but i function right, so it's there
right?

insides a whole lot of uncertainty and this yearn for Paris
combined with this confidence and homeostasis
insides a heart
it's beating and i'm breathing
for now

but the trickiest thing of it all
is that insides a heart
and it's beating and i'm breathing
and it's all happening right now
and i can feel it
i can feel it under my fingertips

but i still don't know who i am

No comments:

Post a Comment